Thursday, August 5, 2010

What a visit from a friend can inspire!

My sweet friend Emily stopped by for a visit and to return a book that I had just about begged her to read.  Emily and I are both storytellers at our local elementary school and we both have a love for children's stories. I had purchased this book solely on the first few pages, I knew I had to read it.  I cannot begin to express the joy of reading a really good "romp"... I barely passed my creative writing class! All is can do is encourage you to read this book.


I asked Emily "SO, what do you think?" and her reply is that she had not read it, reading puts her to sleep. WHAT!!!  Oh, how I had looked forward to discussing this gem of a story! What to do ... I cannot let this story go unshared ... so ....


I've talked Fred into reading for us :) so Emily .... be prepared to spend 10 minutes at a time with Claire, Duke and a score of other very entertaining characters!  

No comments: