Sunday, October 25, 2009

end of the season

Today I started cleaning out the kitchen garden. I am thinking I might plant clover and use as green manure for next season. I had thought about putting in collards ... and still may do so, Marjory will eat them ;) maybe even some kale would be nice. I saved some of the morning glory seeds ... gosh they sure did cover the fence line. Also grabbed some of the garlic chive seeds, think that I will plant a fresh set next spring. The existing chives are hanging in there pretty well, but I am not sure they will make thru the winter as they are not in the pot any more. The strawberry plant ( the one and only in the earth box) has new growth on it. I need to read up on how to winter them over. It was a beautiful fall day. A inside out day.







No comments: